Thursday, 19 March 2009

Day Seventy Eight: Ice Cream & Hotel News


Ice cream! It was soooo hot and luckily there was an ice cream van in town so i've had my first one of the year! And normally I don't have one until holiday in August!

After lunch I had bloody Accounts again, and once again I got so pissed off with it that I walked out when she said "no-one is leaving until they show me their work" I hadn't done anything because I can't do it, so I just walked. I know you lot probably think i'm a right rebel lol. Then I bumped into Ben who's the A-Level coordinator and pleaded with him to let me drop Accounts and he said he would speak to my teacher, finally get to drop the bloody subject. I told him I can't understand it, I never have and I said i'd wait on my result which was a U - surely that proves that I can't do it?!

Also found out some AMAZING news today. The hotel I go to, I might have explained this before, but anyway the hotel i've been to for half my life in Perranporth was sold in October 2007, by April 2008 the sale had been cancelled when the owners found out the property developer who brought it (and was going to turn it into flats) hadnt sold any of the 80 - 100 flats he built in Leeds. It was going to close in October 2008, so for eight months I thought Summer 2008 would be my last time their - but it wasnt. They were opening this coming summer, but weren't doing New Year 08-09, they do easter aswell, it's open basically all year round. Anywayyy, as it's coming up to the Easter holidays I knew a decision had to be reached about next year, 2010, and with this recession no-one is going to buy the hotel, which is worth just over 5 million pounds. So the goods news is that not only do I have this summer, but I also have next summer!! 2 years which I shouldnt have. I'm so happy, argh I just cant describe it! I'll be 18 in August 2010 and it will be my tenth summer their! I found out through an event that takes place at the hotel every October, which is a country music festival, and they posted on their site, literally yesterday morning, that their dates for 2010 were confirmed, so I took this as the hotel being open and emailed the site owner who confirmed it for me!! So so so so so so happy!! I'll get to see everyone again (even though by 2010 i'll be able to see them myself in my car) but to just be their with them is going to be amazing.

I Can't wait.

I think i've rambled a hell of a lot there!! So i'm wrapping it up here - see you tomorrow!

Days until Holiday/Rosie: 135
Days until Birthday: 56 xx

1 comment:

  1. Love the guy looking at your ice cream in the pic lol

    Great news about your holiday

    ReplyDelete